Skip to Main content Skip to Navigation
Master Thesis

Les magasins « Zéro Biodéchet » : est-ce réellement possible ?

Abstract : Food waste is present in all countries and at each level of the food supply chain. One-third of the world's agricultural production is not used. In France, the goal reducing food waste by 50% within 2025 promotes measures and initiatives to decrease t it. PHENIX, a social enterprise, participates in this by organizing the donation to food aid charities. With the aim of recovered 50% of bio-waste in supermarkets, it wants to develop "Zero Bio-waste" stores, a store with a quasi-zero waste management bill. Is it possible? Sticking and donation to charities reduce 80% of bio-waste in stores. Receptors such as huntsmen were chosen to try to reduce the remaining 20%. This is what has attempted to be done in supermarket in Brittany and Pays de la Loire. Although six stores had an animal valorization process launched, only one became "Zero bio-waste". The positive result should be attenuated. The methodology used must be revised so that stores are more involved in the process and avoid negative effects on the donation. At the European level, the decisions taken differ. So far from giving associations or paying for the management of bio-waste, the stores in Denmark receive money to give their bio-waste to companies that will methanize them. Waste has therefore become a marketable resource.
Document type :
Master Thesis
Complete list of metadatas

Cited literature [27 references]  Display  Hide  Download

https://dumas.ccsd.cnrs.fr/dumas-01696666
Contributor : Agrocampus Ouest <>
Submitted on : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 3:48:39 PM
Last modification on : Monday, July 6, 2020 - 3:38:21 PM
Long-term archiving on: : Friday, May 25, 2018 - 8:08:31 PM

File

2017_Lyan_Estelle_GE-ADT.pdf
Files produced by the author(s)

Identifiers

  • HAL Id : dumas-01696666, version 1

Collections

Citation

Estelle Lyan. Les magasins « Zéro Biodéchet » : est-ce réellement possible ?. Sciences du Vivant [q-bio]. 2017. ⟨dumas-01696666⟩

Share

Metrics

Record views

106

Files downloads

226