Diagnostic et suivi de la bilharziose urinaire chez de jeunes migrants arrivés récemment en France - DUMAS - Dépôt Universitaire de Mémoires Après Soutenance Access content directly
Master Thesis Year : 2018

Diagnosis and monitoring of urinary bilharzia in young recent migrants to France

Diagnostic et suivi de la bilharziose urinaire chez de jeunes migrants arrivés récemment en France

Abstract

Context: Urinary bilharzia affects 90 million people worldwide and is caught by bathing in S. Haematobium infested waters in sub-Saharan Africa. Every year 25 000 sub-Saharan Africans migrate to France. Objective: to analyse the diagnosis and impact of treatment on young migrants suffering from urinary bilharzia. Method: setting up follow up appointments and collecting sociodemographic, clinical, biological and ultrasound data from patients who were diagnosed and treated at the Guy Môquet unit of the Hôtel Dieu between Jan. 2011 and Sept. 2016. Results: 48 West African males – diagnosed a median 7 months after arriving in France – were surveyed. 91% presented symptoms (86% had hematuria, 43% dysuria, 31% mictional burns). 70% had hypereosinophilia of 0.86 g/l on average and between 0.5 and 1.54 g/l in 90% of cases. 62% of ultrasounds carried out presented bladder wall thickening of which 12% had additional lesions. 60% of patients were prescribed one course of praziquantel, and 33% were prescribed two. 22 patients attended their follow up: 90% were asymptomatic, 86% had negative urine dipstick test results, 15% had persistent bladder thickening. 23% were not cured by their first course of drugs either due to a failure to follow treatment instructions, too low a dose or a false positive due to early testing. 32% could not remember their diagnosis and 55% were uninformed about bilharzia. Only one patient had notified their GP. Conclusion: this study highlights the importance of rigorous interviews and urine dipstick testing in screening for and monitoring bilharzia. For this specific population we recommend that the drug be administered by a medic in one single dose of 40 mg/kg.
Contexte : La bilharziose urogénitale, qui affecte 90 millions d’individus dans le monde, se contracte par des bains en eau souillée par S. Haematobium en Afrique subsaharienne. 25 000 subsahariens migrent en France chaque année. Objectifs : analyser le contexte de diagnostic et l’évolution après traitement d’une bilharziose urinaire chez des jeunes migrants. Méthodes : convocation à une consultation de suivi et recueil des données sociodémographiques, cliniques, biologiques et échographiques de patients diagnostiqués et suivis à l’unité Guy Môquet de l’Hôtel Dieu entre jan. 2011 et sept. 2016. Résultats : inclusion de 48 hommes issus d’Afrique de l’Ouest, en France depuis 7 mois en médiane. 91% étaient symptomatiques (86% d’hématurie, 43% de dysurie, 31% de brûlures mictionnelles), 70% avaient une hyperéosinophilie, à 0,86 G/L en moyenne et ∈ [0,5 ;1,54] dans 90% des cas. 62% des échographies étaient anormales : 50% de plaques vésicales isolées et 12% de plaques associées à d’autres lésions. 60% ont été traités par 1 cure de praziquantel, 33% par 2 cures. 22 jeunes sont venus à la consultation de suivi : 90% sont asymptomatiques, 86% ont une BU négative, 15% ont des plaques vésicales persistantes. 23% ne sont pas guéris par une seule cure dû à un mauvais schéma de prise, un dosage trop faible ou un suivi trop précoce. 32% ne se souviennent pas du diagnostic, 55% n’ont pas de notion sur la bilharziose. 1 seul en aurait parlé à son médecin traitant. Conclusion : cette étude souligne l’importance d’un interrogatoire rigoureux et de la BU pour le dépistage et le suivi. Un traitement en une prise devant le soignant, et à la bonne dose de 40mg/kg est à recommander dans cette population.
Fichier principal
Vignette du fichier
ThExe_NACCACHE_Marie-Astrid_DUMAS.pdf (1.97 Mo) Télécharger le fichier
Origin : Files produced by the author(s)
Loading...

Dates and versions

dumas-02486169 , version 1 (20-02-2020)

Licence

Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivatives

Identifiers

  • HAL Id : dumas-02486169 , version 1

Cite

Marie-Astrid Naccache. Diagnostic et suivi de la bilharziose urinaire chez de jeunes migrants arrivés récemment en France. Médecine humaine et pathologie. 2018. ⟨dumas-02486169⟩
123 View
1678 Download

Share

Gmail Facebook X LinkedIn More